Europrogetti remember you THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER FOR LIFE
Water is a natural limited resource and it is one of the most important things for the survival of the living organisms in our planet. You just need to think about our body: it is made of water for about the 70%. The water is not only important for the right working of our body, in fact it influences also the Earth’s climate conditioning, it is basic for the life of animals and plants and moreover it is precious for the employment, the wellness and the hygiene of people.
We still have many countries, which have no water enough to guarantee the life and the wellness of their inhabitants; some data show that:
- Today there are at least 36 countries still living this situation such as Mexico, Bolivia, Mauritania, Ghana, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Kenya, Madagascar, Israel-Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, South Chorea;
- One milliard and 800.000 people don’t have an adequate supply of water;
- A child from an underdeveloped country use a quantity of water which is 30-50 time less than the quantity used by a child living in a industrialize country;
- From 5 to 10 million of men, women and children die by some illnesses caused by the polluted water: cholera, typhoid, hepatitis, dysentery, gastroenteritis and other illnesses; One-fifth of the children of the Earth don’t have water to live;
- In the East Africa, every 15 seconds a child is dying because he cannot access to the safe drinking water;
- The 71% of Somalia inhabitants cannot access to the safe drinking water, so one child out of seven die without reach one year of life;
- In almost half of the safe drinking water, you can find amounts more or less accentuated of arsenic, which can cause alterations in the liver or in the blood and it can be dangerous for pregnant women as well.
Thanks to these data, we would like people to understand how important the water for the survival of our planet is. Today water demand has increased and it is becoming bigger and bigger than its disposability, This is the reason why humans should, in every situation, be careful and use this precious nature gift at best.
Europrogetti cares about this principle, developing the technology to produce safe and drinkable water and to treat industrial and civilians wastewater, in order to protect nature and the eco-environment.